This is a DIGITAL DOWNLOAD product.
Once your order is processed (within 1 business day) you will receive a download link via email.
IMPORTANT: Cab Packs require an Axe-Fx II, AX8, or the CAB-LAB 3 plugin. This pack is not compatible with Axe-Fx Ultra or Standard. There are NO RETURNS/REFUNDS on Cab Packs.
ML Bulb Zilla Destroys the World!
Cab Pack: ML Bulb Zilla - UltraRes™ contains User Cab IRs produced for Fractal Audio Systems by Mikko Logrén from ML Sound Lab, and Misha “Bulb” Mansoor from Periphery, in collaboration with Paul Gough from Zilla Cabs™.
This collection includes 240 single mic IR’s and 69 mixed IR’s of all six different Celestion™ speakers on the three 2x12 Zilla Cabs™. Misha Mansoor created 8 Preset-Cab Bundles to be used with both the Axe-Fx II and AX8 and the ML Zilla Misha folder which features 20 mixed IR’s. This pack also includes the Alloy IR Mix Collection, with intentional inter-microphone phasing to add the unique but pleasant character we expect when using multiple microphones on a real guitar cabinet and regular mixes for every speaker type.
The letter “D” at the end of some IR names stands for “djent”. Those IR’s were processed in a similar way as the IR’s used for Periphery’s third studio album “Juggernaut”.
User Cabs may be easily uploaded to your Axe-Fx II or AX8 using Fractal-Bot, Axe-Edit, or Cab-Lab. This pack also includes the high resolution .IR files required to create your own original multi-mic UltraRes™ mixes in Cab-Lab.
Speakers & MicrophonesSpeakers:
- ML Zilla Cream ALN, based on a Zilla Cabs™ Modern 2x12 with a Celestion™ Cream Alnico® speaker
- ML Zilla Cream H, based on a Zilla Cabs™ Custom Fatboy 2x12 with a Celestion™ G12H-75 Creamback® speaker
- ML Zilla Cream M, based on a Zilla Cabs™ Modern 2x12 with a Celestion™ G12M-65 Creamback® speaker
- ML Zilla Green M, based on a Zilla Cabs™ Super Fatboy 2x12 with a Celestion™ G12M Greenback® speaker
- ML Zilla K100 M, based on a Zilla Cabs™ Super Fatboy 2x12 with a Celestion™ G12K-100® speaker
- ML Zilla V30, based on a Zilla Cabs™ Custom Fatboy 2x12 with a Celestion™ Vintage 30® speaker
- Shure™ SM57
- Royer™ R121
- Sennheiser™ e906
- Sennheiser™ MD421
- Beyerdynamic™ M160
Each microphone was used on all speakers using the “ML Color Wheel” mic technique which gives you all the best available colors of each speaker using the full 360 degree rotation with eight variations per mic per speaker. The Ace folder includes our personal picks of the best single mic positions in this collection.
This Cab Pack was produced and engineered by Mikko Logrén of ML Sound Lab and Misha Mansoor.
Manufacturer and product names mentioned above are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners,
which are in no way associated or affiliated with Fractal Audio Systems. The names are used only to indicate sonic and performance characteristics.