Cab-Lab 3 is a powerful IR mixer. The Fractal Audio Systems Cab Simulator Block uses Impulse Response (“IR”) technology to reproduce the sounds of real speakers. With onboard “Factory” cabs plus our innovative “User Cab” memories, you have access to a limitless range of tones. IRs are widely available in our official
Cab Packs and many third-party libraries. You can even capture your own IRs using the Axe-Fx II. Sometimes a truly personalized tone, however, goes beyond a single IR.
For decades, artists, producers and engineers have been “crafting” tone using a mixer to blend the sounds of different mics or speakers. Cab-Lab allows you to use this same process, combining up to 8 individual IRs, auditioning the results in real time as you mix, and saving the result as a new User Cab IR for use in your own presets.
The totally new mixer in Cab-Lab 3 goes beyond simple combining, with mix tools to process, trim, filter, and adjust phase. With an audio interface connected, you can even listen in real time while you adjust faders.
This Standalone version also includes tools to help you capture, convert, and batch process IRs, making it an exceptionally valuable component of a complete IR workflow. Cab-Lab gives you the tools you need to create your own signature tones—and delivers the high quality results you have come to expect from Fractal Audio Systems.
ABOUT CAB-LAB ACTIVATION
Cab-Lab 3 requires activation using the free
iLok License Manager from www.ilok.com. The manager allows you to activate Cab-Lab WITH or WITHOUT a physical iLok "dongle" but you will need an Internet connection. Simply install the free manager and select "Redeem Activation Code" from the "Licenses" menu. Paste or type your activation code. Codes are emailed from Fractal Audio Systems within one business day of your order.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VERSIONS
- IRs created with Cab-Lab 3.0 Standalone are compatible with the Axe-Fx II (all models) and AX8.
- SEND TO SCRATCH PAD and SEND TO USER CAB features allow you to transmit mixes directly to the Axe-Fx II (all models running FW 13 or newer) and AX8.
- LIVE MODE can use the USB audio capability or the Axe-Fx II (all models running FW 13.0 or newer) so you can hear mix changes in realtime.
- The AX8 does not support USB Audio, so to use LIVE MODE, you need to connect it through a 3rd party audio interface (be sure to bypass the cab block in your test preset!)
- 2.0 GHz or higher processor
2GB RAM minimum, 4GB or higher recommended
Internet connection required for activation
iLok License Manager and an iLok.com account — free at http://www.ilok.com
OSX 10.6 or higher (10.9 recommended for Axe-Fx II USB Audio.)
Microsoft Windows 10/8/7/Vista