This is a DIGITAL DOWNLOAD product.
Once your order is processed (within 1 business day) you will receive a download link via email.
IMPORTANT: This Cab Pack requires an Axe-Fx II running firmware 13 or newer or AX8, or can be used with the CAB-LAB 3 plugin as a cab sim in your DAW. It is not compatible with Axe-Fx Ultra or Standard. There are NO RETURNS/REFUNDS on digital downloads.
Add new sounds to your Axe-Fx II or AX8 with UltraRes User Cabs.
Cab Pack 17: AustinBuddy’s Boutique Cabs contains over 275 unique IRs of six highly coveted boutique guitar speaker-cabinet combinations. The pack includes 172 “Core” individual mic captures, plus an “Extras” folder with over 100 additional IRs, plus 39 ready-made mixes.
This Cab Pack is compatible with every Axe-Fx II or AX8 and can be uploaded using Fractal-Bot or Axe-Edit. This pack also includes the “.IR” files for use in Cab‐Lab 3 where you can create your own original mixes or simulate the sound of a mic'd speaker cab with or without an Axe-Fx.
Reminder: It is illegal to share mixes containing these or any commercial IRs.
UltraRes™ enhances the spectral resolution of an IR without extreme CPU burden or intolerable latency. It requires an Axe-Fx II or newer running firmware 13 or newer or AX8. Our
Mic+DI technique factors out the effect of the power amp used during capture for an IR which more accurately represents the sonic characteristics of the speaker itself.
Here's what's included in Cab Pack 17:
- 1x12 Shiver - Based on a Bogner™ Shiva closed-back dual port cab, loaded with a Celestion Classic Lead 80.
- Bludo 1x12 - Based on a Bludotone™ closed-back ported cab (similar to a Dumble™ cab used by the great Larry Carlton), loaded with a WGS Blackhawk AlNiCo speaker.
- Bludo 2x12 H65 - Based on a Bludotone™ open “Oval Back” cab, loaded with Celestion G12-65H heritage speakers (similar to a Dumble™ cab used by the great Robben Ford).
- Bludotone 2x12 ASW - Based on a Bludotone™ open “Oval Back” cab, loaded with a pair of special Bludotone™-designed KTS-style Austin Speaker Works speakers.
- 2x12 Two Stone - Based on a Two Rock™ 2x12 open “Oval Back” cab with Eminence K&M 65-16 speakers.
- 4x12 Rumble - Based on Cliff Chase’s personal Dumble™ 4X12 closed back cab with EVL-12/EV-S speakers in an X-pattern.
- Shure™ SM57
- Sennheiser™ MD 421
- Sennheiser™ 906
- Royer™ 121
- Neumann™ U47FET
- Neumann™ U87
- Beyer-Dynamic™ M160
- AKG™ 4047
- RCA™ 770
Not every mic was used on each cab.
All captures were done through an API preamp except those indicated “N” which are through a Neve.
“A” Captures are taken very near the dust cap. “B” Captures are taken at the Cab Edge. (There are no “C” captures as these were simply Cap Edge Off Axis). “D” Captures are taken on the cone.
Cab Pack 17 was produced by Buddy Gill (“AustinBuddy” from the Fractal Forum) at CUE Recording Studio’s Red Room, engineered by CUE engineer Blaine Misner and assistant engineer Javon Grant. “Rumble” IRs were produced by Fractal Audio Systems at Universal Noise Storage and engineered by Tom Eaton.
Manufacturer and product names mentioned above are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners,
which are in no way associated or affiliated with Fractal Audio Systems. The names are used only to indicate sonic and performance characteristics.