This is a DIGITAL DOWNLOAD product.
Once your order is processed (within 1 business day) you will receive a download link via email.
IMPORTANT: Cab Packs require an Axe-Fx II, AX8, or the CAB-LAB 3 plugin. This pack is not compatible with Axe-Fx Ultra or Standard. There are NO RETURNS/REFUNDS on Cab Packs.
AustinBuddy - Fantastic 2x12s Cab Pack
AustinBuddy's Fantastic 2x12s - UltraRes™ Cab Pack contains 196 IRs produced for Fractal Audio Systems by AustinBuddy. This collection includes IRs of eight vintage speaker cabinets from the incredible collections of Austin Vintage Guitars and Public Hi-Fi studio to give you a great variety of tones, with a “Quick Picks” folder of 45 of AustinBuddy’s chosen best single mic captures.
Reminder: it is illegal to share IR Mixes or Preset Bundles containing these or any commercial IRs.
User Cabs may be easily uploaded to your Axe-Fx or AX8 using Fractal-Bot, Axe-Edit, or Cab-Lab (which also works as a plugin with these IRs.) This pack also includes the high resolution .IR files required to create your own original multi-mic UltraRes™ mixes in Cab-Lab.
Cabinets & Speakers
AustinBuddy’s Vintage Black & Tweed Cab Pack features eight speaker cabs:
- BRIT BIG — a vintage 1971 oversized 2x12 basketweave closed-back cabinet with original G12-25M Celestion® green-back speakers, based on a Marshall® 2x12.
- BRIT SMALL — a 1987-era smaller size grey 2x12 cabinet with original stock Celestion® speakers, based on Marshall® 2x12 and signed by Jim Marshall (PHiFi).
- CLASS-A GB — a vintage 2X12 1960’s-era open back cab that replaced the original speakers with vintage Celestion® G12-M25 greenbacks, based on a Vox® AC30 2x12. This one has been used on a few albums…
- MATCHBOX and MATCHBOX2 — a green 1990’s and a white 2000’s era 2x12 amp, each with mismatched Celestion® G12M-25 and G12H30 speakers, based on the Matchless® DC-30. The green MATCHBOX2 has both speakers captured.
- B-FACE B-MAN — a mid-1960’s era blackface 2X12 closed-back cab with original Jensen® speakers, based on a Fend-er® Blackface Bassman. Note: this speaker cab is also part of the “Black& Tweed” Cab pack.
- MUSIC GUY — a mid-1970’s 1X12 open-back cab with a single Celestion® G12-70 speaker, based on a vintage MusicMan® amp. OK, it’s not a 2x12 — but it sure sounds fantastic!
- A-BASS — six single Mic IRs for bass guitar based on an Ampeg® B-15 1X15 closed bass cab, further driven by the studio’s Neve® Board preamp and EQ. Good for pairing with the SV Bass amp model!
- KEYBOARD AMP — three keyboard IRs based on a Roland® keyboard amp, plus a room mic.
- Shure™ SM57Beyerdynamic™ M160
- Royer™ R121
- Sennheiser™ MD421
- Neumann™ U67
- FET 47 (on bass only)
Each microphone was used on all speakers of all cabinets except as noted. They were positioned in a variety of locations, lis-tening and measuring to find "sweet spots". Different locations are marked with letters A, B, C and D, generally starting at the cap center and moving toward the cone edge.
This Cab Pack was produced by AustinBuddy along with Matt Gerhard as engineer and assisted in tracking room by Max Lorenzen at Public Hi-Fi Studios owned by Spoon drummer Jim Eno in Austin, Texas. A special thank you to Austin Vintage Guitars for making this possible!
Manufacturer and product names mentioned above are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners,
which are in no way associated or affiliated with Fractal Audio Systems. The names are used only to indicate sonic and performance characteristics.