Downloadable Standalone version for Mac & Windows.
Plugin version NOT included. See the bundle version to get both
There are NO RETURNS/REFUNDS on digital downloads.
NOTE: The separately available plugin version of Cab-Lab runs in your VST or AU compatible host application for realtime monitoring of mix changes or to process live or recorded material with your IR mix. A specially-priced bundle containing both versions is available.
Cab-Lab 3 is a powerful IR mixer and toolbox. For decades, artists, producers and engineers have been crafting tone using a mixer to blend the sounds of different mics or speakers. Cab-Lab allows you to use this same process, combining up to 8 individual IRs, auditioning the results in real time as you mix, and saving the result as a new User Cab IR for use in your own presets.
The mixer in Cab-Lab 3 goes beyond simple combining, with tools to process, trim, filter, smooth and adjust phase. You can even listen in real time while you adjust faders, whether using the Standalone version and an audio interface (including the Axe-Fx III or II), or the Plugin version in your DAW to process live or pre-recorded material. The Standalone version also includes tools to help you capture with your Axe-Fx III or II, or convert/batch process IRs, making it an exceptionally valuable component of a complete IR workflow. Either way, Cab-Lab gives you the tools you need to create your own signature tonesand delivers the high quality results you have come to expect from Fractal Audio Systems.
Cab-Lab does not include any Cab IR files. You cannot extract these from your Fractal Audio Systems hardware product such as the Axe-Fx, FM3, AX8, etc. IRs are widely available in our official Cab Packs. You can even capture your own IRs using the Axe-Fx II.
This Standalone version includes tools to help you capture, convert, and batch process IRs, making it an exceptionally valuable component of a complete IR workflow. Cab-Lab gives you the tools you need to create your own signature tones and delivers the high quality results you have come to expect from Fractal Audio Systems.
ABOUT CAB-LAB ACTIVATION
Cab-Lab 3 requires activation using the free iLok License Manager from www.ilok.com. The manager allows you to activate Cab-Lab WITH or WITHOUT a physical iLok "dongle" but you will need an Internet connection. Simply install the free manager and select "Redeem Activation Code" from the "Licenses" menu. Paste or type your activation code. Codes are emailed from Fractal Audio Systems within one business day of your order.
- IRs created with Cab-Lab 3.0 Standalone are compatible with the Axe-Fx II (all models) and AX8.
- SEND TO SCRATCH PAD and SEND TO USER CAB features allow you to transmit mixes directly to the Axe-Fx II (all models running FW 13 or newer) and AX8.
- LIVE MODE can use the USB audio capability or the Axe-Fx II (all models running FW 13.0 or newer) so you can hear mix changes in realtime.
- The AX8 does not support USB Audio, so to use LIVE MODE, you need to connect it through a 3rd party audio interface (be sure to bypass the cab block in your test preset!)
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VERSIONS
- 2.0 GHz or higher processor
- 2GB RAM minimum, 4GB or higher recommended
- Internet connection required for activation
- iLok License Manager and an iLok.com account free at http://www.ilok.com
- Intel Processor
- OSX 10.6 or higher (10.9 recommended for Axe-Fx II USB Audio.)
- Microsoft Windows 10/8/7/Vista