This is a DIGITAL DOWNLOAD product.
NOTE! Cab Packs require an Axe-Fx III, Axe-Fx II, AX8, or the Cab-Lab 3 plugin. This pack is not compatible with Axe-Fx Ultra or Standard. There are NO RETURNS/REFUNDS on Cab Packs.
Cab Pack 6: Cabs in the Attic - in UltraRes contains over 290 user cab files produced in by Fractal Audio Systems, Trace Foster, and John Shipp and engineered by John Shipp at Vindaloo Music. The collection includes IRs of multiple speakers, each with multiple different microphones placed individually. Cabs in this pack are from the phenomenal collection of one of rocks all-time most-celebrated bands, and some were even used on their classic recordings and live performances. The name of the pack is a play on the title of a classic album, but also appropriate since the cabs are stored in a loft above the studio. That loft was a veritable museum of great tone.
The collection includes fourteen speaker cabs each shot with multiple individual mics in carefully selected positions. This pack also includes high resolution .IR files required to create your own original multi-mic UltraRes mixes in Cab-Lab. Please remember: It is illegal to share Cab Mixes containing these or any commercial IRs.
Here's what's included in Cab Pack 6:
- 1x12 Allesandro An amazing little powerhouse in a gorgeous birch cab. V30.
- 1x15 Buttery Twin-like... with a single Phat 15 speaker
- 2x12 3 Monkeys A unique trapezoidal cab with great sound. V30s.
- 2x12 Class-A Custom made British 2x12 with Vintage25s
- 2x12 Division-13 Cool sound from a G12H30 and a Blue 15W.
- 1x6 Dan-O, 1x8 Dan-O Small speakers in tiny amps still make big sounds!
- 4x10 Sorcerer Custom built 4x10 with 70W Gold speakers.
- 4x12 3 Monkeys Cool sounding. Hot looking. V30s
- 4x12 1960A 300W Take a classic British slant cab and pack it with 300W M-121-8 speakers
- 4x12 Beatle A great sounding V4141, said to have been used by The Knack to record their biggest hit. G12M25s.
- 4x12 Class-A Custom 4x12 with Blue 15s.
- 4x12 Pre-Rola GB 1965 straight cab. Greenbacks like they just dont make em anymore.
- 4x12 Sorcerer Loaded with M121-8-300W.
We used multiple individual microphones on each speaker cab, starting in a classic position near the edge of the dust cap and then finding various sweet spots. Variations in this pack are indicated simply with letters A, B, C, etc., except for BACK (the other side of the cab) and REV (the other side of the mic). We used vintage Neve preamps and a Matrix power amp.
- ADK Area 51-TT
- AKG C414
- Shure SM57
- Royer R121 (Rev indicates the back of the mic.)
- Sennheiser e906
- Beyerdynamic M160 (used on only a few cabs)
- Sennheiser MD421
Manufacturer and product names mentioned above are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Fractal Audio Systems. The names are used only to indicate sonic and performance characteristics.