This is a DIGITAL DOWNLOAD product.
Once your order is processed (within 1 business day) you will receive a download link via email.
NOTE! Cab Packs require an Axe-Fx III, FM9, FM3, Axe-Fx II, AX8, or the Cab-Lab 3 plugin. This pack is not compatible with Axe-Fx Ultra or Standard. There are NO RETURNS/REFUNDS on Cab Packs.
AustinBuddy - Vintage Cool and Rare
AustinBuddy's Vintage Cool and Rare - UltraRes Cab Pack contains 183 IRs produced for Fractal Audio Systems by AustinBuddy. This collection includes IRs of eight speaker cabinets from the incredible collection of Austin Vintage Guitars and Public Hi-Fi Studios to give you a great variety of tones based on these cool and rare amps, with a Quick Picks folder of 48 of AustinBuddys chosen best single mic captures.
User Cabs may be easily uploaded to your Axe-Fx or AX8 using Fractal-Bot, Axe-Edit, or Cab-Lab (which also works as a plugin with these IRs.) This pack also includes the high resolution .IR files required to create your own original multi-mic UltraRes mixes in Cab-Lab.
Reminder: it is illegal to share IR Mixes or Preset Bundles containing these or any commercial IRs.
Cabinets & Speakers
- SUPREMO BOLT a 1966 1X15 cabinet with original Special Design Jensen speaker, based on the famed and leg-endary Supro Thunderbolt amp.
- GIBTONE a vintage early 1950s-era open back cab with two vintage Jensen P12 and P8 speakers. A favorite in many pro recording studios, based on the Gibson GA-30. Both left and right speakers are captured.
- EL TINY a 1950s era 1X6 small original speaker based on a Valco El Grande.
- CHARLIEC a vintage suitcase guitar amp/cab with a modern Italian-made Jensen special speaker, based on a Gib-son Charlie Christian style amp, great for jazz.
- PAPPA a unique Texas-made boutique 1x12 open-back amp with custom hardwood and 1x12 Special Design Jen-sen speaker, based on a Pappas boutique amp that is similar to a Blackface Deluxe on steroids.
- CUSTOM D120 a boutique 1x12 half-open-back speaker cabinet made with custom hardwood, featuring a vintage JBL D120f speaker. If you love this sound of an old JBL-D120f speaker, this is the speaker cab for you.
- SUPREMO EXT. so its not rare but it is cool: a modern 12 closed-back extension cabinet for Supro Titan amps, same speaker as in the modern Jupiter Supro amps, using a Supro HP12 speaker.
- A-BASS six already dialed-in single Mic IRs for bass guitar based on an Ampeg B-15 1X15 closed bass cab, with IRs further driven by the Neve Board preamp and EQ. Good for pairing with the SV Bass Fractal model or others. The A-Bass IRs are also included in the Fantastic 2X12 Cab Pack.
- Shure SM57Beyerdynamic M160
- Royer R121
- Sennheiser MD421
- Neumann U67
- FET 47 (on bass only)
Each microphone was used on all speakers of all cabinets except as noted. Mics were positioned in a variety of locations, listening and measuring to find "sweet spots". Different locations are marked with letters A, B, C and D, generally starting at the cap center and moving toward the cone edge.
This Cab Pack was produced by AustinBuddy along with Matt Gerhard as engineer and assisted in tracking room by Max Lorenzen at Public Hi-Fi Studios owned by Spoon drummer Jim Eno in Austin, Texas. A special thank you to Austin Vintage Guitars for making this possible!Manufacturer and product names mentioned above are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners,which are in no way associated or affiliated with Fractal Audio Systems. The names are used only to indicate sonic and performance characteristics.