The new FC-12 Mark II Foot Controller is the perfect way to control to your performances with the Axe-Fx III, FM9 or FM3. This tough next-gen controller offers an impressive suite of features and capabilities, incorporating years of innovation and customer feedback. It looks great too, making an awesome addition to your stage or studio. In comparison to the FC-6, the FC-12 has twelve footswitches.
In comparison to the original version, FC-12 MARK II is equipped with larger and easier-to-read footswitch "mini-displays,” an upgrade sure to be popular whether the FC is used on stage, in the studio, or at home. The display size upgrade is significant, with the height of individual characters of text doubling from 4.6mm to 9.2mm, as well as being presented in a bolder and more readable font. Six or twelve individual mini-displays grow from 1.4” x 0.5” (36.0mm x 12.5mm) to 1.9” x 0.7” (50.0mm x 17.5 mm) but the overall product dimensions and weight remain the same as those of the original version.
FC-12 MARK II has the same exciting features and capabilities as the original FC-12, and is fully compatible with the flagship Axe-Fx III rackmount processor as well as the FM9 and FM3 Amp Modeler/FX Processor/Floor units. In addition, the new Mark II versions can be freely combined with their original counterparts in daisy-chain configurations, and are interchangable with their predecessors for purposes of redundancy/backup units.
The FC-12 Mk II Foot Controller offer an impressive suite of features and capabilities, incorporating years of innovation and customer feedback. For those who want simplicity, the units are virtually plug-and-play. Use “EZ Mode” to set up or modify footswitches in seconds, tapping the switch and setting a few simple parameters to select from the many different ways to control presets, banks, scenes, effects, channels, tuner, tap tempo, looper controls, control switches, and more. Such simplicity does not come at the cost of flexibility, however, and creative users can set up custom layouts, tap and hold functions, change switch LED colors, customize mini-display text, and more. You can even override the functions of individual footswitches on a per-preset basis. The new models are supported with FC-EDIT, a full-featured editor built into Axe-Edit, FM9-Edit, and FM3-Edit.
The FC looks great too, making an attractive addition to your home, studio or stage. Above all, it continues to demonstrate Fractal Audio’s uncompromising commitment to quality, with fantastic features and roadworthy reliability in two highly portable formats that musicians are sure to appreciate and enjoy.
- 12 SSS™ switches are extremely quiet and durable, with no mechanical switch contacts to fail.
- Plug-and-play with smart default settings, or create your own custom Layouts.
- Switch Layouts on the fly using switches or the “Master Layout Menu”.
- The 2×20 Transflective Main Display shows preset, scene and more.
- Every footswitch has a new larger size customizable Mini LCD display.
- … And a brilliant variable-color LED ring which also shows the status of on, off, or dim depending on the state of whatever the switch is connected to.
- Add up to Four External Pedals and Four Switches per FC unit.
- Built for pro touring and demanding stages in a powdercoated 16-gauge steel chassis.
- FASLINK™ II port for connecting to an Axe-Fx III, FM9 or FM3. (Axe-Fx II/AX8/FX8 not supported).
- FASLINK™ II “thru” port for connecting to other daisy-chained FC units (four units on Axe-Fx III, two units on FM9 or FM3)
- Need MIDI? The FC can trigger the host to generate and transmit messages from its own MIDI out port to connected devices.
- FC-12 Dimensions. 20.2″ x 9.2″ x 3.5″ (512mm x 233mm x 88mm). Weight: 11 lbs (5 kg).
Connecting the FC requires a FASLINK™ XLR cable, not included but available through this store.
10 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Little tricky with the rocking foot method at first, but once I realized how to do it, it was easy as could be! Great pedal!
Well built product that is thought out. Very easy to use. Works great. Almost unlimited possibilities with this controller
The Axe FX FC-12 mkII is excellent! Very robust feeling, screens are bright and the new size is great. I have only had if a short while, but absolutely no complaints as of yet.
Great quality build like a tank and solid. Endless possibilities
Just tested the FC-12 with larger display. Very big improvement for guys with old eyes like myself! I can actually see the text without squinting or bending over for a closer look! I could probably see the text without wearing corrective lenses! BIG improvement IMHO!
I picked a great pair with axefx3. Outstanding. So many features
The FC-12 is sturdy, well designed, and I am sure will give years of service once I optimize it’s controls for effects and scenes. The backlit display is significantly harder to see than the older MFC unit, and it’s a case where it wasn’t broke so why fix it. I have to squint and stoop over to read it.
We can finally control our sound changes according to our own logic and according to our own needs.
Fantastic upgrade for me with the new larger displays. Thanks Fractal