The new FC-6 Mark II is the perfect way to control to your performances with the Axe-Fx III, FM9 or FM3. This tough next-gen controller offers an impressive suite of features and capabilities, incorporating years of innovation and customer feedback. It looks great too, making an awesome addition to your stage or studio. In comparison to FC-12, FC-6 has SIX footswitches but is otherwise identical in terms of features and capabilities.
In comparison to the original version, FC-6 MARK II is equipped with larger and easier-to-read footswitch "mini-displays,” an upgrade sure to be popular whether the unit is used on stage, in the studio, or at home. The display size upgrade is significant, with the height of individual characters of text doubling from 4.6mm to 9.2mm, as well as being presented in a bolder and more readable font. Overall product dimensions and weight remain the same as the original version.
Functionally, the FC-6 MARK II has the same exciting features and capabilities as the original FC-6, and is fully compatible with the flagship Axe-Fx III rackmount processor as well as the FM9 and FM3 Amp Modeler/FX Processor/Floor units. In addition, the new Mark II versions can be freely combined with their original counterparts in daisy-chain configurations, and are interchangable with their predecessors for purposes of redundancy/backup units.
The FC-6 Mark II offers an impressive suite of capabilities, incorporating years of innovation and customer feedback. For those who want simplicity, the unit is virtually plug-and-play. Use “EZ Mode” to set up or modify footswitches in seconds, tapping the switch and setting a few simple parameters to select from the many different ways to control presets, banks, scenes, effects, channels, tuner, tap tempo, looper controls, control switches, and more. Such simplicity does not come at the cost of flexibility, however, and creative users can set up custom layouts, set Tap and Hold functions, change switch LED colors, customize mini-display text, and more. You can even override the functions of individual footswitches on a per-preset basis. The new model is supported with FC-EDIT, a full-featured editor built into Axe-Edit, FM9-Edit, and FM3-Edit.
The FC-6 looks look great too, making an attractive addition to your home, studio or stage. Above all, it continues to demonstrate Fractal Audio’s uncompromising commitment to quality, with fantastic features and roadworthy reliability in two highly portable formats that musicians are sure to appreciate and enjoy.
- 6 SSS™ switches are extremely quiet and durable, with no mechanical switch contacts to fail.
- Plug-and-play with smart default settings, or create your own custom Layouts.
- Switch Layouts on the fly using switches or the “Master Layout Menu”.
- The 2×20 Transflective Main Display shows preset, scene and more.
- Every footswitch has a new larger size customizable Mini LCD display.
- … And a brilliant variable-color LED ring which also shows the status of on, off, or dim depending on the state of whatever the switch is connected to.
- Add up to Four External Pedals and Four Switches per FC unit.
- Built for pro touring and demanding stages in a powdercoated 16-gauge steel chassis.
- FASLINK™ II port for connecting to an Axe-Fx III, FM9 or FM3. (Axe-Fx II/AX8/FX8 not supported).
- FASLINK™ II “thru” port for connecting to other daisy-chained FC units (four units on Axe-Fx III, two units on FM9 or FM3)
- Need MIDI? The FC can trigger the host to generate and transmit messages from its own MIDI out port to connected devices.
- FC-6 Dimensions. 11.4″ x 9.2″ x 3.5″ (283mm x 233mm x 88mm). Weight: 6.7 lbs (3 kg).
Connecting the FC requires a FASLINK™ XLR cable, not included but available through this store.
5 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This product is made extremely well both inside and out. It is easy to get it up and running right out of the box.
Picked up one to compliment my FM9 and make some customer layouts. Super easy to use. Built like a tank and works out of the box. Definitely recommend~
Excellent addition to my FM3. Highly recommend to anyone with a FM3.
I would buy again
Easily setup and works GREAT!