The FM3 is an all-in-one amp modeler, effects processor and foot controller. It features our latest ARES amp modeling, a technology developed for the award-winning Axe-Fx III. Ares recreates the sound — and the equally important feel — of real tube amps, with 265+ models offering an impressive range of clean tones, elusive “edge of breakup”, and everything from warm, touch-sensitive overdrive to face-melting modern distortion.
The FM3 also includes the entire speaker cab impulse response (“IR”) collection from the Axe-Fx III, with a stunning 2,200+ “Factory” choices and 1,024 “User” locations to store custom sounds from free or commercial producers.
As a multi-effects unit, FM3 truly excels. It includes a superb selection of Fractal Audio’s state-of-the-art effect algorithms. All of the essentials and many exciting innovations are on board: dazzling drive pedals, dozens of delays, reverbs, compressors, EQs, phasers, flangers and other modulation effects, a looper, and much more.
The FM3 also features 4x4 USB Audio capability for both Mac and PC. This lets the FM3 double as the hub of a portable recording studio for playback, recording, re-amping, and more.
The FM3 is an extremely flexible and versatile foot controller with switch and layout capabilities based on our FC Controllers. Each footswitch has its own mini LCD display to show the function of the switch, plus a variable color LED ring which shows the category and status of the switch. Those who wish for more footswitches can use FASLINK™ to connect one or two FC-6 or FC-12 controllers. These integrate seamlessly with onboard switches and also offer additional switch/pedal jacks.
Whether you want the pure simplicity of a great guitar straight in to a classic amp, or to venture into totally unexplored sonic territory, the FM3 delivers the legendary Fractal Audio experience — and fits in into a backpack*
*backpack not included ;-)
- Durable steel chassis with protective endcaps designed to withstand the rigors of touring.
- Ultra-high-quality signal path for extremely low THD and noise floor.
- Ares Amp Modeling based on the Award-Winning Axe-Fx III
- Extensive collection of on-board speaker cab simulations, plus 1,024 memory locations for "User Cabs"
- Extremely powerful and flexible multi-FX processor capability based on Axe-Fx III
- Eight nameable “Scenes” per preset eliminate “tap dancing” and allow for quick sound changes
- Easy-to-read, precision full-screen tuner
- 4×4 USB audio capabilities allow for recording, playback, re-amping and more.
- Extremely user-friendly interface with dedicated hardware controls plus five "soft-knobs" with on-screen labels for both turn and push functions.
- Three onboard "SSS" foot switches are quiet and reliable, with no mechanical contacts to fail.
- FM3 uses the “FC” system of switches and layouts for extreme flexibility and versatility including 8+1 layouts, per-preset switches, and more.
- Two pedal jacks each allow connecting 1-2 external switches or 1 expression pedal like the Fractal Audio EV-1 or EV-2.
- Input 1 is ultra-low noise, with a 1/4” mono Instrument input featuring “Secret Sauce IV” for optimized signal from your guitar or bass.
- Output 1 is Stereo, with Balanced XLR jacks, plus a stereo headphone out.
- Stereo Input 2 and Stereo Output 2 can be used together as an FX loop, or individually as aux in/out for a range of flexible setups including 4CM, FRFR+Guitar Speaker backline, and more.
- FM3-Edit is a free software editor which brings extensive editing capabilities to your Mac or PC.
- Upgradeable firmware allows for constant improvement and innovation in the tradition of Fractal Audio Systems.
- And much more. See our main web site for additional details, downloads, product manuals, and more.
52 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
First up: FractalAudio - thanks for the fast shipping! Verdict on the FM3: I dialled in a competent Rectifier sound in less than 10min. I never managed such good sound with any modellers, incl. software modellers, I used before - and definitely not in less than 10min. I was sceptical about all the Axe/FM3 hype, but this stuff is legit and just sounds great. And all that for less money than a decent valve head. Keep it up!
MUCH BETTER THAN THE FX8! THIS IS GOING TO BE A GREAT HELP TO MY SONS RECORDING ALSO!
Amazing product so happy - thank you
I have been waiting forever before finally jumping into the Fractal world. The FM3 made this decision easy. The sounds are out of this world REAL and versatility is off the charts. I wasted so much time...now I'm catching up with the FM3
I was used to using a competitor’s modeling product for years and bought an FM3 out of curiosity. I figured I would sell it if I didn’t like it. I’m keeping the FM3. Incredible sound quality and feel. Really enjoying the unit!
I definitely enjoyed my first moments with the FM3. The presets still sound amazing, the portability is perfect for throwing this in a backpack with a laptop for a portable setup, and it looks beautiful. I only rate it 4 stars since it is a bit trickier when going from Axe Fx 3 to this due to the CPU change. However, aside from that, I still believe this is a solid portable option and product from Fractal!
GOT IT A FEW DAYS AGO. AWESOME..SOUNDS SO SWEET, IM NEVER GOING BACK TO AMPS..THIS IS THE BEST ,HANDS DOWN, THANK U FOR THIS AMAZING PRODUCT
Impressive array of amp and cabinet models! Effects seem rock solid in comparison to both stomp boxes and other integrated processor units. The unit is incredibly powerful while remaining easy to use. The depth of the user controls is mind boggling! I am still experimenting creating both programs existing tones and exploring new ones as well. Thank you Fractal Audio for pushing my audio boundaries to incredible new heights.