The FM3 is an all-in-one amp modeler, effects processor and foot controller. It features our latest ARES amp modeling, a technology developed for the award-winning Axe-Fx III. Ares recreates the sound — and the equally important feel — of real tube amps, with 265+ models offering an impressive range of clean tones, elusive “edge of breakup”, and everything from warm, touch-sensitive overdrive to face-melting modern distortion.
The FM3 also includes the entire speaker cab impulse response (“IR”) collection from the Axe-Fx III, with a stunning 2,200+ “Factory” choices and 1,024 “User” locations to store custom sounds from free or commercial producers.
As a multi-effects unit, FM3 truly excels. It includes a superb selection of Fractal Audio’s state-of-the-art effect algorithms. All of the essentials and many exciting innovations are on board: dazzling drive pedals, dozens of delays, reverbs, compressors, EQs, phasers, flangers and other modulation effects, a looper, and much more.
The FM3 also features 4x4 USB Audio capability for both Mac and PC. This lets the FM3 double as the hub of a portable recording studio for playback, recording, re-amping, and more.
The FM3 is an extremely flexible and versatile foot controller with switch and layout capabilities based on our FC Controllers. Each footswitch has its own mini LCD display to show the function of the switch, plus a variable color LED ring which shows the category and status of the switch. Those who wish for more footswitches can use FASLINK™ to connect one or two FC-6 or FC-12 controllers. These integrate seamlessly with onboard switches and also offer additional switch/pedal jacks.
Whether you want the pure simplicity of a great guitar straight in to a classic amp, or to venture into totally unexplored sonic territory, the FM3 delivers the legendary Fractal Audio experience — and fits in into a backpack*
*backpack not included ;-)
- Durable steel chassis with protective endcaps designed to withstand the rigors of touring.
- Ultra-high-quality signal path for extremely low THD and noise floor.
- Ares Amp Modeling based on the Award-Winning Axe-Fx III
- Extensive collection of on-board speaker cab simulations, plus 1,024 memory locations for "User Cabs"
- Extremely powerful and flexible multi-FX processor capability based on Axe-Fx III
- Eight nameable “Scenes” per preset eliminate “tap dancing” and allow for quick sound changes
- Easy-to-read, precision full-screen tuner
- 4×4 USB audio capabilities allow for recording, playback, re-amping and more.
- Extremely user-friendly interface with dedicated hardware controls plus five "soft-knobs" with on-screen labels for both turn and push functions.
- Three onboard "SSS" foot switches are quiet and reliable, with no mechanical contacts to fail.
- FM3 uses the “FC” system of switches and layouts for extreme flexibility and versatility including 8+1 layouts, per-preset switches, and more.
- Two pedal jacks each allow connecting 1-2 external switches or 1 expression pedal like the Fractal Audio EV-1 or EV-2.
- Input 1 is ultra-low noise, with a 1/4” mono Instrument input featuring “Secret Sauce IV” for optimized signal from your guitar or bass.
- Output 1 is Stereo, with Balanced XLR jacks, plus a stereo headphone out.
- Stereo Input 2 and Stereo Output 2 can be used together as an FX loop, or individually as aux in/out for a range of flexible setups including 4CM, FRFR+Guitar Speaker backline, and more.
- FM3-Edit is a free software editor which brings extensive editing capabilities to your Mac or PC.
- Upgradeable firmware allows for constant improvement and innovation in the tradition of Fractal Audio Systems.
- And much more. See our main web site for additional details, downloads, product manuals, and more.
30 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The easiest path to great tone I've experienced across any modeling platform. It just sounds so authentic, and it has a very realistic feel as well. I love this thing. My other modeler is gone...it's a great unit too, but this just makes my life so much easier. Cannot recommend it strongly enough.
Such a big progress from an ultra
This and the axe fx 3 are the best thing to ever happen in the world of any guitar player. You guys are geniuses for sure. Thank you.
Wow. Fractal delivers on what other modelers promise but fail to. I feel like I've only scratch the surface of the FM3's capabilities but could not be happier. Thanks FA!
After months of patiently waiting I finally received my FM3. This is my first Fractal product. I have only had my FM3 for a few days, but I may be totally converted to the digital world - no more buying traditional tube amps for me. This piece of gear is a bit overwhelming to dive into at first, but the more I tinker with it, the more straightforward it seems. There are plenty of youtube videos/tutorials out there. The tones are incredible, and I can get any sound I've ever dreamed of, and do so at super quiet, apartment appropriate volume levels - I should note that I am running my FM3 through a pair of powered studio monitors. I really dig the software editor, it's a lot of fun to play around with, and I dig how the FM3 connects to it seamlessly via USB. Overall I feel more inspired to play and practice. Anytime a "new" tube amp comes out, I don't know whether to laugh, or yawn with distaste, because the FM3 can do it.
I can't say enough about the FM3. I can now have any tone Ive ever wanted. These amps are incredible. I've owned or had access to a few amps in my life, particularly the the jcm 800 which I own now, the silver jubilee and fender bassman and can't believe its not those amps as a play the FM3. This is my first Fractal product and wow, you guys are, I don't even know what else to say but thank you.
This thing is unbelievable. I've been looking into amp modeling for years and never been sure how I felt. My dad has a Helix that is pretty nice but I was never confident that it would be what I was looking for. After I got my purchase invite, I decided to give the FM3 a shot and it has blown me away. The interface isn't as easy to use as the Helix, but I'm slowly figuring it out and learning what it's capable of.
I have owned 11 Rack, Line6 Pod, Stomp, many Boss multi-effects.. Nothing comes close to the Fractal architecture! Its the only modeler I have used that has the feel and dynamics of a real amp!!!