The FM3 is an all-in-one amp modeler, effects processor and foot controller. It features our latest CYGNUS amp modeling, a technology developed for the award-winning Axe-Fx III. The FM3 recreates the sound — and the equally important feel — of real tube amps, with 265+ models offering an impressive range of clean tones, elusive “edge of breakup”, and everything from warm, touch-sensitive overdrive to face-melting modern distortion.
The FM3 also includes the entire speaker cab impulse response (“IR”) collection from the Axe-Fx III, with a stunning 2,200+ “Factory” choices and 1,024 “User” locations to store custom sounds from free or commercial producers.
As a multi-effects unit, FM3 truly excels. It includes a superb selection of Fractal Audio’s state-of-the-art effect algorithms. All of the essentials and many exciting innovations are on board: dazzling drive pedals, dozens of delays, reverbs, compressors, EQs, phasers, flangers and other modulation effects, a looper, and much more.
The FM3 also features 4x4 USB Audio capability for both Mac and PC. This lets the FM3 double as the hub of a portable recording studio for playback, recording, re-amping, and more.
The FM3 is an extremely flexible and versatile foot controller with switch and layout capabilities based on our FC Controllers. Each footswitch has its own mini LCD display to show the function of the switch, plus a variable color LED ring which shows the category and status of the switch. Those who wish for more footswitches can use FASLINK™ to connect one or two FC-6 or FC-12 controllers. These integrate seamlessly with onboard switches and also offer additional switch/pedal jacks.
Whether you want the pure simplicity of a great guitar straight in to a classic amp, or to venture into totally unexplored sonic territory, the FM3 delivers the legendary Fractal Audio experience — and fits easily into a backpack*
*backpack not included ;-)
- Durable steel chassis with protective endcaps designed to withstand the rigors of touring.
- Ultra-high-quality signal path for extremely low THD and noise floor.
- Cygnus Amp Modeling based on the Award-Winning Axe-Fx III
- Extensive collection of on-board speaker cab simulations, plus 1,024 memory locations for "User Cabs"
- Extremely powerful and flexible multi-FX processor capability based on Axe-Fx III
- Eight nameable “Scenes” per preset eliminate “tap dancing” and allow for quick sound changes
- Easy-to-read, precision full-screen tuner
- 4×4 USB audio capabilities allow for recording, playback, re-amping and more.
- Extremely user-friendly interface with dedicated hardware controls plus five "soft-knobs" with on-screen labels for both turn and push functions.
- Three onboard "SSS" foot switches are quiet and reliable, with no mechanical contacts to fail.
- FM3 uses the “FC” system of switches and layouts for extreme flexibility and versatility including 8+1 layouts, per-preset switches, and more.
- Two pedal jacks each allow connecting 1-2 external switches or 1 expression pedal like the Fractal Audio EV-1 or EV-2.
- Input 1 is ultra-low noise, with a 1/4” mono Instrument input featuring “Secret Sauce IV” for optimized signal from your guitar or bass.
- Output 1 is Stereo, with Balanced XLR jacks, plus a stereo headphone out.
- Stereo Input 2 and Stereo Output 2 can be used together as an FX loop, or individually as aux in/out for a range of flexible setups including 4CM, FRFR+Guitar Speaker backline, and more.
- FM3-Edit is a free software editor which brings extensive editing capabilities to your Mac or PC.
- Upgradeable firmware allows for constant improvement and innovation in the tradition of Fractal Audio Systems.
- And much more. See our main web site for additional details, downloads, product manuals, and more.
100 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Very impressed with the sound, it's like the Amp is right there in the room. -RJ
Previously was an Axe-FX II+ user, and that was the best tone I thought I'd ever have...fast forward to now, and the FM3 has completely blown my mind! Fractal has done it, yet again! There's a clear reason they're the best!
Very authentic sounds and easy to get the results I want
This is simply the best guitar FX processor I have ever owned. I've been recording music for 20+ years and never had this kind of processing power from just one unit. Sound quality is off charts, amp and cab modeling is unparalleled and the small pedal format is great if you are using it in the studio, even in live situations. Control software is great. Overall, nothing you can't get done with it, every effect you can image can be done in it.
Simply amazing! This has by far been the best purchase I’ve made. I was thinking about getting a kemper, then took the chance on the FM3 and I’m sure glad I did. The tone out of the amps, cabs and effects are outstanding. If you’re thinking about a product of this platform, look no further. The FM3 is the only product you need for recording or live performance!
love the sounds still exploring would like to find out if there's a noise gate in the software
i am blown away by this unit...not the easiest to wrap your head around but thanks to the plethora of resources i have been able to dail in some great tones pretty quickly. there i almost an overload of stuff here but man it awesome!!! love the footprint..thanks to the R&D team!
Great sounding unit that can be used as a stand alone live rig or integrated into a larger pedalboard system. I'm an older player who started with tube amps, went through my 80's/90's rack phase but came back to the traditional tube amps and pedals for the last 15 years. I was reluctant to buy/try Fractal and other modeling tech because I was happy with what I had but a great price on a used AX8 (and watching Leon Todd and Pete Thorn) was the gateway to picking up a new FM3 recently. Integrating the FM3 with my on-stage tube amp (PC Pearl) and pedalboard system now allows me to control and send sound to a combination of stage monitors, IEM, and/or direct to FOH sound while having some stage volume from a real amp. This is my sweet spot for integrating modern technology with a traditional tube amp and pedalboard set up. The overall sound, flexibility, capabilities and reliability is the best my system has been. Truly a professional sounding piece of gear with an equally impressive build.
So many presets and things you can do with this unit. The possibilities are endless.