The FM3 is an all-in-one amp modeler, effects processor and foot controller. It features our latest CYGNUS amp modeling, a technology developed for the award-winning Axe-Fx III. The FM3 recreates the sound — and the equally important feel — of real tube amps, with 265+ models offering an impressive range of clean tones, elusive “edge of breakup”, and everything from warm, touch-sensitive overdrive to face-melting modern distortion.
The FM3 also includes the entire speaker cab impulse response (“IR”) collection from the Axe-Fx III, with a stunning 2,200+ “Factory” choices and 1,024 “User” locations to store custom sounds from free or commercial producers.
As a multi-effects unit, FM3 truly excels. It includes a superb selection of Fractal Audio’s state-of-the-art effect algorithms. All of the essentials and many exciting innovations are on board: dazzling drive pedals, dozens of delays, reverbs, compressors, EQs, phasers, flangers and other modulation effects, a looper, and much more.
The FM3 also features 4x4 USB Audio capability for both Mac and PC. This lets the FM3 double as the hub of a portable recording studio for playback, recording, re-amping, and more.
The FM3 is an extremely flexible and versatile foot controller with switch and layout capabilities based on our FC Controllers. Each footswitch has its own mini LCD display to show the function of the switch, plus a variable color LED ring which shows the category and status of the switch. Those who wish for more footswitches can use FASLINK™ to connect one or two FC-6 or FC-12 controllers. These integrate seamlessly with onboard switches and also offer additional switch/pedal jacks.
Whether you want the pure simplicity of a great guitar straight in to a classic amp, or to venture into totally unexplored sonic territory, the FM3 delivers the legendary Fractal Audio experience — and fits easily into a backpack*
*backpack not included ;-)
- Durable steel chassis with protective endcaps designed to withstand the rigors of touring.
- Ultra-high-quality signal path for extremely low THD and noise floor.
- Cygnus Amp Modeling based on the Award-Winning Axe-Fx III
- Extensive collection of on-board speaker cab simulations, plus 1,024 memory locations for "User Cabs"
- Extremely powerful and flexible multi-FX processor capability based on Axe-Fx III
- Eight nameable “Scenes” per preset eliminate “tap dancing” and allow for quick sound changes
- Easy-to-read, precision full-screen tuner
- 4×4 USB audio capabilities allow for recording, playback, re-amping and more.
- Extremely user-friendly interface with dedicated hardware controls plus five "soft-knobs" with on-screen labels for both turn and push functions.
- Three onboard "SSS" foot switches are quiet and reliable, with no mechanical contacts to fail.
- FM3 uses the “FC” system of switches and layouts for extreme flexibility and versatility including 8+1 layouts, per-preset switches, and more.
- Two pedal jacks each allow connecting 1-2 external switches or 1 expression pedal like the Fractal Audio EV-1 or EV-2.
- Input 1 is ultra-low noise, with a 1/4” mono Instrument input featuring “Secret Sauce IV” for optimized signal from your guitar or bass.
- Output 1 is Stereo, with Balanced XLR jacks, plus a stereo headphone out.
- Stereo Input 2 and Stereo Output 2 can be used together as an FX loop, or individually as aux in/out for a range of flexible setups including 4CM, FRFR+Guitar Speaker backline, and more.
- FM3-Edit is a free software editor which brings extensive editing capabilities to your Mac or PC.
- Upgradeable firmware allows for constant improvement and innovation in the tradition of Fractal Audio Systems.
- And much more. See our main web site for additional details, downloads, product manuals, and more.
83 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Pretty amazing unit, I wish it had 2 amp blocks and that it had a little bit more CPU to handle reverbs, but still very happy with it.
I've been playing guitar for nearly 40 years and the FM3 is the single most impressive/inspiring piece of gear I've ever purchased. Thank you Fractal!
This is the best piece of gear I've ever owned. It's incredibly versatile, tonally and functionally. Hooked it up to my tube amp with the four cable method, works flawlessly. Works as an interface with low latency. Creating presets with FM3 edit provides a nice workflow, and it's also built like a tank. Definitely would recommend.
I have had the FM3 unit a few weeks now, absolutely beyond what I thought was possible in a unit which I could have in my home. It just sounds professional. Awesome job Fractal Audio.
I'm a big traveler. I have homes in different corners of the world and need to be ready for performances/inspiration at any time. I'm happy to report both homes now sport an FM3. Their unparalleled tone, mobility, versatility & Fractal's legendary support team keep my mind at ease so I can just focus on the music. Thank you FAS!!
UNBELIEVABLE! I honestly never thought I would see the day come where plugging into a unit such as this would sound as good; much less bette, than a real amp, but here it is.
Very very powerfull unit. Excelente producto de alta calidad. No hay mas nada que buscar. Altamente costomizable.
As an at home guitarist, I enjoy the FM3’s size and capabilities. It’s everything I need in an amp modeler. I highly recommend the FM3 to anyone who has limited space.
..and believe you me, I had high apple pie in the sky hopes! My favorite go to gain tone is the triple Rectifier. Fractal’s amps don’t just, “sound close,” they sound TRUE! I A/B’d with my triple recto, and was stunned. None of the other modelers out there—yes, I tried them all—did this for me. They might sound good, but Fractal’s have a genuine character that made me see the competitions sound as sadly generic. Glad I took the leap on Fractal, and I look forward to the day I can afford an AXE and FS.