The FM3 is an all-in-one amp modeler, effects processor and foot controller. It features our latest ARES amp modeling, a technology developed for the award-winning Axe-Fx III. Ares recreates the sound — and the equally important feel — of real tube amps, with 265+ models offering an impressive range of clean tones, elusive “edge of breakup”, and everything from warm, touch-sensitive overdrive to face-melting modern distortion.
The FM3 also includes the entire speaker cab impulse response (“IR”) collection from the Axe-Fx III, with a stunning 2,200+ “Factory” choices and 1,024 “User” locations to store custom sounds from free or commercial producers.
As a multi-effects unit, FM3 truly excels. It includes a superb selection of Fractal Audio’s state-of-the-art effect algorithms. All of the essentials and many exciting innovations are on board: dazzling drive pedals, dozens of delays, reverbs, compressors, EQs, phasers, flangers and other modulation effects, a looper, and much more.
The FM3 also features 4x4 USB Audio capability for both Mac and PC. This lets the FM3 double as the hub of a portable recording studio for playback, recording, re-amping, and more.
The FM3 is an extremely flexible and versatile foot controller with switch and layout capabilities based on our FC Controllers. Each footswitch has its own mini LCD display to show the function of the switch, plus a variable color LED ring which shows the category and status of the switch. Those who wish for more footswitches can use FASLINK™ to connect one or two FC-6 or FC-12 controllers. These integrate seamlessly with onboard switches and also offer additional switch/pedal jacks.
Whether you want the pure simplicity of a great guitar straight in to a classic amp, or to venture into totally unexplored sonic territory, the FM3 delivers the legendary Fractal Audio experience — and fits in into a backpack*
*backpack not included ;-)
- Durable steel chassis with protective endcaps designed to withstand the rigors of touring.
- Ultra-high-quality signal path for extremely low THD and noise floor.
- Ares Amp Modeling based on the Award-Winning Axe-Fx III
- Extensive collection of on-board speaker cab simulations, plus 1,024 memory locations for "User Cabs"
- Extremely powerful and flexible multi-FX processor capability based on Axe-Fx III
- Eight nameable “Scenes” per preset eliminate “tap dancing” and allow for quick sound changes
- Easy-to-read, precision full-screen tuner
- 4×4 USB audio capabilities allow for recording, playback, re-amping and more.
- Extremely user-friendly interface with dedicated hardware controls plus five "soft-knobs" with on-screen labels for both turn and push functions.
- Three onboard "SSS" foot switches are quiet and reliable, with no mechanical contacts to fail.
- FM3 uses the “FC” system of switches and layouts for extreme flexibility and versatility including 8+1 layouts, per-preset switches, and more.
- Two pedal jacks each allow connecting 1-2 external switches or 1 expression pedal like the Fractal Audio EV-1 or EV-2.
- Input 1 is ultra-low noise, with a 1/4” mono Instrument input featuring “Secret Sauce IV” for optimized signal from your guitar or bass.
- Output 1 is Stereo, with Balanced XLR jacks, plus a stereo headphone out.
- Stereo Input 2 and Stereo Output 2 can be used together as an FX loop, or individually as aux in/out for a range of flexible setups including 4CM, FRFR+Guitar Speaker backline, and more.
- FM3-Edit is a free software editor which brings extensive editing capabilities to your Mac or PC.
- Upgradeable firmware allows for constant improvement and innovation in the tradition of Fractal Audio Systems.
- And much more. See our main web site for additional details, downloads, product manuals, and more.
30 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I had another device and this is the best sounds and dynamic, perfect for any situation
Amazing versatile modeler. I've used the other two major modelers for a number of years and the FM3 and axefx iii blow them out if the water
I have been a Fractal User since 2007. I have been using an axefx ultra in the studio for the whole time. The FM3 gets me my tones faster, easier and everything is cleaner and fuller. FM3 edit is almost perfect, maybe im just still in The learning curve. My only regret is maybe I should get the Axefx III. Thank you to all the Fractal Audio System team. You make the music in my head a reality. It's worth every penny... There are so many great tones, you will not be disapointed. 10 out of 10!
I'm always tweaking knobs buying pedal, irs, and presets. This unit is all I need nothing more! At this point every update is just bonus. I literally set it and forget! My tone sounds perfect ALWAYS!
Exceeded all my expectations and completely worth both the wait and the money. Congrats to the Fractal audio team for putting out such a great product. For me the Axe FX is out of my budget range and the FM3 is well within.
Actually better than anticipated. The sounds are incredible, but the feel is so close to the real thing that it's spooky. As simple or complicated as you want it to be. A fabulous toolbox and worth every penny.
Still learning to navigate but I've only had it for a week and haven't even used FM3 edit yet. Navigating on the board seems very straight forward.
I've had it less than a day and I'm already floored. Not only are the models and blocks rich and detailed, the hardware is top-notch and the software is incredibly flexible yet reasonably intuitive. I've only scratched the surface but I can tell this will keep me busy and satisfied for years. Coming from tube amps, pedals, and more primitive modelers, this feels several generations better. Can't recommend it strongly enough for bedroom warriors like myself or pros.
I've only had my FM3 for a week and I'm in love with it. The sound quality is superb. Feels just like playing a real amp. I'm a bedroom rocker who mainly plays with software amp modelers like Bias FX, so the ability to play quietly but still sound massive is such a treat. I feel like I went from MS Paint to Photoshop in terms of quality and options. Can't say anything bad about this thing. Thank you Fractal!