The FM3 is an all-in-one amp modeler, effects processor and foot controller. It features our latest CYGNUS amp modeling, a technology developed for the award-winning Axe-Fx III. The FM3 recreates the sound — and the equally important feel — of real tube amps, with 265+ models offering an impressive range of clean tones, elusive “edge of breakup”, and everything from warm, touch-sensitive overdrive to face-melting modern distortion.
The FM3 also includes the entire speaker cab impulse response (“IR”) collection from the Axe-Fx III, with a stunning 2,200+ “Factory” choices and 1,024 “User” locations to store custom sounds from free or commercial producers.
As a multi-effects unit, FM3 truly excels. It includes a superb selection of Fractal Audio’s state-of-the-art effect algorithms. All of the essentials and many exciting innovations are on board: dazzling drive pedals, dozens of delays, reverbs, compressors, EQs, phasers, flangers and other modulation effects, a looper, and much more.
The FM3 also features 4x4 USB Audio capability for both Mac and PC. This lets the FM3 double as the hub of a portable recording studio for playback, recording, re-amping, and more.
The FM3 is an extremely flexible and versatile foot controller with switch and layout capabilities based on our FC Controllers. Each footswitch has its own mini LCD display to show the function of the switch, plus a variable color LED ring which shows the category and status of the switch. Those who wish for more footswitches can use FASLINK™ to connect one or two FC-6 or FC-12 controllers. These integrate seamlessly with onboard switches and also offer additional switch/pedal jacks.
Whether you want the pure simplicity of a great guitar straight in to a classic amp, or to venture into totally unexplored sonic territory, the FM3 delivers the legendary Fractal Audio experience — and fits easily into a backpack*
*backpack not included ;-)
- Durable steel chassis with protective endcaps designed to withstand the rigors of touring.
- Ultra-high-quality signal path for extremely low THD and noise floor.
- Cygnus Amp Modeling based on the Award-Winning Axe-Fx III
- Extensive collection of on-board speaker cab simulations, plus 1,024 memory locations for "User Cabs"
- Extremely powerful and flexible multi-FX processor capability based on Axe-Fx III
- Eight nameable “Scenes” per preset eliminate “tap dancing” and allow for quick sound changes
- Easy-to-read, precision full-screen tuner
- 4×4 USB audio capabilities allow for recording, playback, re-amping and more.
- Extremely user-friendly interface with dedicated hardware controls plus five "soft-knobs" with on-screen labels for both turn and push functions.
- Three onboard "SSS" foot switches are quiet and reliable, with no mechanical contacts to fail.
- FM3 uses the “FC” system of switches and layouts for extreme flexibility and versatility including 8+1 layouts, per-preset switches, and more.
- Two pedal jacks each allow connecting 1-2 external switches or 1 expression pedal like the Fractal Audio EV-1 or EV-2.
- Input 1 is ultra-low noise, with a 1/4” mono Instrument input featuring “Secret Sauce IV” for optimized signal from your guitar or bass.
- Output 1 is Stereo, with Balanced XLR jacks, plus a stereo headphone out.
- Stereo Input 2 and Stereo Output 2 can be used together as an FX loop, or individually as aux in/out for a range of flexible setups including 4CM, FRFR+Guitar Speaker backline, and more.
- FM3-Edit is a free software editor which brings extensive editing capabilities to your Mac or PC.
- Upgradeable firmware allows for constant improvement and innovation in the tradition of Fractal Audio Systems.
- And much more. See our main web site for additional details, downloads, product manuals, and more.
103 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
i am blown away by this unit...not the easiest to wrap your head around but thanks to the plethora of resources i have been able to dail in some great tones pretty quickly. there i almost an overload of stuff here but man it awesome!!! love the footprint..thanks to the R&D team!
Better late than never
Great sounding unit that can be used as a stand alone live rig or integrated into a larger pedalboard system. I'm an older player who started with tube amps, went through my 80's/90's rack phase but came back to the traditional tube amps and pedals for the last 15 years. I was reluctant to buy/try Fractal and other modeling tech because I was happy with what I had but a great price on a used AX8 (and watching Leon Todd and Pete Thorn) was the gateway to picking up a new FM3 recently. Integrating the FM3 with my on-stage tube amp (PC Pearl) and pedalboard system now allows me to control and send sound to a combination of stage monitors, IEM, and/or direct to FOH sound while having some stage volume from a real amp. This is my sweet spot for integrating modern technology with a traditional tube amp and pedalboard set up. The overall sound, flexibility, capabilities and reliability is the best my system has been. Truly a professional sounding piece of gear with an equally impressive build.
So many presets and things you can do with this unit. The possibilities are endless.
Incredible! The best quality! Very well thought out!
My new FM3 is AMAZING!
Yes, it is a bit cumbersome to get around but NOT if you do your homework and it is 1000% WORTH IT!! Amazing sounds and a hellava deal!! Overnight shipping on a Friday is a joke, even gouging WITH the disclaimer but the Fractal is amazing!
Superior sound quality, built like a tank and portable. Love this thing.
Amp models sound glorious; please improve rat distortion
Overall it is an impressive piece of gear. The difference is immediately perceivable compared to other good modelers. It would be great if you could improve the rat distortion, especially the filter knob, to make it sound more like the real pedal.
I recently ordered the FM3
I recently ordered the FM3 dirsect from fractal audio and I'm blown away by how good it is. I started off with a used Axe fx 2 mark 2 and although I loved it the FM3 is far better. The amps sound better, the effects sound better, and it's easier to menu dive than the axe fx 2. I got this to pair up with an MPC so I could use it as a mobile recording rig to play gigs with and I can't tell you how happy I am with it. Eventually I'm gonna get an Axe Fx 3 for home use and either pair the FM3 with an amp or use it with my synth set up. Either way I'm keeping this forever. I recommend fractal audio to anyone wanting to get into the modeling world.
I should have purchased the FM3 sooner. I am currently using my Boutique amp as a power amp to now finally get the sounds I have been searching for from the FM3. I have not even scratched the surface of the FM3 to unlock all the features and power this unit has. I am a fan for life and using now the Fractal products