The FM3 Mk II Turbo is an all-in-one amp modeler, effects processor and foot controller. It features our latest CYGNUS X2 amp modeling, developed for the award-winning Axe-Fx III. The FM3 recreates the sound and the feel of real tube amps, with 300+ models offering an impressive range of clean, “edge of breakup”, and everything from warm, touch-sensitive overdrive to face-melting modern distortion.
The FM3 also includes the entire speaker cab impulse response (“IR”) collection from the Axe-Fx III, with a stunning 2,200+ “Factory” choices and 1,024 “User” locations to store custom sounds from free or commercial producers. Firmware 7, now in public beta, brings new DynaCab™ capabilities -- and more -- to the FM3 Mk II Turbo!
In comparison to the original FM3, the new MKII TURBO offers 10+% more DSP, allowing for more complex presets that would exceed the limits of the older version. It also adds new larger footswitch mini-displays. All other features and specs are the same as those on the standard FM3.
As a multi-effects unit, FM3 truly excels. It includes a superb selection of Fractal Audio’s state-of-the-art effect algorithms. All of the essentials and many exciting innovations are on board: dazzling drive pedals, dozens of delays, reverbs, compressors, EQs, phasers, flangers and other modulation effects, a looper, and much more.
The FM3 also features 4x4 USB Audio capability for both Mac and PC. This lets the FM3 double as the hub of a portable recording studio for playback, recording, re-amping, and more.
The FM3 is an extremely flexible and versatile foot controller with switch and layout capabilities based on our FC Controllers. Each footswitch has its own mini LCD display to show the function of the switch, plus a variable color LED ring which shows the category and status of the switch. Those who wish for more footswitches can use FASLINK™ to connect one or two FC-6 or FC-12 controllers. These integrate seamlessly with onboard switches and also offer additional switch/pedal jacks.
Whether you want the pure simplicity of a great guitar straight in to a classic amp, or to venture into totally unexplored sonic territory, the FM3 delivers the legendary Fractal Audio experience — and fits easily into a backpack.
- 10+% more DSP power than the standard FM3.
- Durable steel chassis with protective endcaps designed to withstand the rigors of touring.
- Ultra-high-quality signal path for extremely low THD and noise floor.
- Cygnus X2 Amp Modeling based on the Award-Winning Axe-Fx III
- Extensive collection of on-board speaker cab simulations, plus 1,024 memory locations for "User Cabs"
- DynaCab™ capability for visual mic-on-speaker tone sculpting (Requires firmware 7.0 or newer)
- Extremely powerful and flexible multi-FX processor capability based on Axe-Fx III
- Eight nameable “Scenes” per preset eliminate “tap dancing” and allow for quick sound changes
- Easy-to-read, precision full-screen tuner
- 4×4 USB audio capabilities allow for recording, playback, re-amping and more.
- Extremely user-friendly interface with dedicated hardware controls plus five "soft-knobs" with on-screen labels for both turn and push functions.
- Three onboard "SSS" foot switches are quiet and reliable, with no mechanical contacts to fail.
- FM3 uses the “FC” system of switches and layouts for extreme flexibility and versatility including 8+1 layouts, per-preset switches, and more.
- Two pedal jacks each allow connecting 1-2 external switches or 1 expression pedal like the Fractal Audio EV-1 or EV-2.
- Input 1 is ultra-low noise, with a 1/4” mono Instrument input featuring “Secret Sauce IV” for optimized signal from your guitar or bass.
- Output 1 is Stereo, with Balanced XLR jacks, plus a stereo headphone out.
- Stereo Input 2 and Stereo Output 2 can be used together as an FX loop, or individually as aux in/out for a range of flexible setups including 4CM, FRFR+Guitar Speaker backline, and more.
- FM3-Edit is a free software editor which brings extensive editing capabilities to your Mac or PC.
- Upgradeable firmware allows for constant improvement and innovation in the tradition of Fractal Audio Systems.
- And much more. See our main web site for additional details, downloads, product manuals, and more.
12 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The FM3 is very well built, and it comes loaded with tons of effects, amps and cabs. Why I love this unit: small size, but extremely flexible and versatile. Lots of parameters available to tweak. A piece of advice to anyone new to the world of FAS: spend some time to read the manuals and get used to the interface, you will be reworded with some awesome tones!
Fast delivery. Easy install and connection. An incredible modeler/processor. Extremely pleased and thrilled to begin recording. Looking forward to the new firmware with gapless switching. Thank you, Fractal!
Small in physical size, but HUGE in sonic power. I had this notion that all modelers basically sounded the same and was using Helix in its various forms off and on for the last few years. The tone in this box is so much better than what I'm used to. I wish I had given Fractal a fair shake before. There's a learning curve and the 3 buttons may not be for everyone, but they are so flexible I think just about anyone could find a solution that would work for them. My ears are very happy! I highly recommend it!
This thing is a beast! Sound quality, build quality are second to none. You get what you pay for and then some ! Love the Fractal guys. Also love that this is a made in usa piece of kit and close by Boston where im from! Kudos boys. Keep up the good work.
Being someone who has been reluctant to leave analogue pedals and tube guitar amps, making the transition to digital modeling has been a hard one for me to get convincing tones to consider changing something that isn't broke. That being said, the more I take the deep dive into Fractal world I can see the advantages to being able to have a seemingly unending os sonic possibilities all under the same hood. I am just scratching the surface but I think I am forever convinced that there are possibilities here that the old school analogue approach can't attain. I am deeply inspired and challenged to learn more as the days move forward as I think the possibilities are limitless. Not an easy one to get my mind around. I am very thankful to Matt Picone for reaching out to me about this amazing product and kudos to everyone at Fractal and everyone on YouTube making such incredible videos on this product that help aa newbie get dialed into the myriad of possibilities. Jeff Pevar - guitarist / producer / composer and formerly touring with Ray Charles, Joe Cocker, Rickie Lee Jones, Crosby, Stills & Nash, Phil Lesh & Friends, Jazz Is Dead, David Crosby & CPR and many more.
Great unit! My only issue with the FM3 is the lack of buttons. Without it, it's very hard to take advantage of the capability. The FC6 is needed but with today’s traveling musicians size matters. lol, I’m only at day one so far. The AXE-FX III must be a monster!
The FM3 is an amazing unit. It sounds way better than the HXFX in my opinion, plus the presets are excellent. I am running this into a Freyette PS100 with a rack mounted power conditioner in a Head style enclosure and then out into a closed back 1x12 with a FRLR triple cone. It's like having every amp and effect in one. Sounds great, really flexible.
Happy customer here! This is my 4th amp modeler, I have other brands and this is the best one by far! Also fast shipping (from US to Canada). I am still discovering all the features, but it is very intuitive and the sounds are amazing! I contacted customer service with some questions and they replied immediately.