This is a DIGITAL DOWNLOAD product.
Once your order is processed (within 1 business day) you will receive a download link via email.
NOTE! Cab Packs require an Axe-Fx III, Axe-Fx II, AX8, or the Cab-Lab 3 plugin. This pack is not compatible with Axe-Fx Ultra or Standard. There are NO RETURNS/REFUNDS on Cab Packs.
Add new sounds to your Axe-Fx II or AX8 with UltraRes User Cabs.
Cab Pack 21: Wellspring UltraRes Collection Vol. 1 returns to the thrilling days of our first-ever Cab Pack, produced at Wellspring Sound Studio in 2013 before the advent of UltraRes. This all-new pack contains 257 stunning UltraRes User Cab IRs featuring selections from the impressive collection of amps at Wellspring Sound Studio, specifically those with 1x8, 1x10, 1x12, 1x15 and 2x12 speaker configurations.
User Cabs may be easily uploaded to your Fractal Audio Systems products using Fractal-Bot, Axe-Edit, or Cab-Lab. This pack also includes the high resolution .IR files required to create your own original multi-mic UltraRes mixes in Cab-Lab. (Please remember that it is illegal to publicly or privately share Cab Mixes containing these or any commercial IRs.)
SPEAKER AND MICROPHONES
- Cab Pack 21 features eleven different speaker cabs, captured with a variety of microphones.
- 1x10 Princetone Black based on a Fender Blackface Princeton Reverb (1966)
- 1x12 Class-A 15W based on a Vox AC-15 hand-wired 2010 reissue with Alnico Blue speaker
- 1x12 Mognotone based on an early 1960s vintage Magnatone
- 1x12 Topham GB based on a Top Hat Club Royale
- 1x15 Vibrato Verb based on a Fender Blackface Vibroverb (1965)
- 1x15 XL-Pawn based on a Fender Pawn Shop Special Excelsior
- 2x12 Class-A NTB 30W based on a Vox AC-30 non Top-Boost model (1963)
- 2x12 Double Verb based on a Fender Twin Reverb (1968)
- 2x12 Jazz 120 based on a Roland JC-120 Jazz Chorus
- 2x12 Trem-O-Verb based on a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Tremoverb combo
- BONUS: 1x8 Silverton based on a rare Vintage Silvertone 1960s 1448 Amp built in to a Guitar Case!
- Shure SM57, SM58, KSM313
- Sennheiser MD 421
- Beyerdynamic M160
- Royer R121
- Audio-Technica AT4047
All captures were done using a Neve 1073 preamp.
Different mics were used on each cab, positioned in a variety of locations, listening and measuring to find "sweet spots." For some of the captures, the baffles or gobos were removed, resulting in a slightly roomier sound. These captures are indicated with RM.
This Cab Pack was engineered by Eric Killburn of Wellspring Sound Studio.
Manufacturer and product names mentioned above are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners,which are in no way associated or affiliated with Fractal Audio Systems. The names are used only to indicate sonic and performance characteristics.