NOTE! Cab Packs require an Axe-Fx III, FM9, FM3, Axe-Fx II, AX8, or the Cab-Lab 3 plugin. This pack is not compatible with Axe-Fx Ultra or Standard. There are NO RETURNS/REFUNDS on Cab Packs
Cab Pack 10: Universal Noise Storage Vol. 2 UltraRes Collection contains 214 User Cab IRs by Fractal Audio Systems and Tom Eaton of Universal Noise Storage Studio.
It includes sixteen speakers, each captured with multiple individual microphones placed on carefully selected sweet
spots. In response to customer requests, weve also included IRs of the back of open-back cabs. These IRs are
compatible with every Axe-Fx II or AX8 version, and for use with Cab-Lab 3.
Cab Pack 10 was captured using the new MIC + DI method, which completely factors out the influence of the power
amp used during capture. The resulting IRs therefore more accurately recreate the sound of the actual speaker. (Even a
solid state amplifier has a finite output impedance [non-infinite damping factor] which can result in several dB of
deviation from flat response due to the extremely reactive load a guitar cab presents.)
Here's what's included in Cab Pack 10:
- 1x10 Prince Tone (Based on a Fender Black Face Princeton)
- 1x10 Prince Tone SF (Based on a Fender Silver Face Princeton)
- 1x12 Ampjet (Based on an AmpegJet)
- 1x12 Deluxe Verb (Based on a Fender Black Face Deluxe Reverb)
- 1x12 G12T (Based on a one of a kind custom combo built by a famous amp guru)
- 1x12 Jr Blues (Based on a Fender Blues Jr.)
- 1x12 Nuclear Tone (Based on a Swart Atomic Space Tone)
- 1x12 PV C30 (Based on a Peavey Classic 30)
- 1x12 Vibrato Lux (Based on a Fender Brown Face Vibrolux)
- 2x10 Lexical (Based on a Lexicon SB210 Studio)
- 2x12 Fuzzbomb (Based on an Earcandy Buzzbomb loaded with Jensen Green Machines)
- 2x12 Leggy (Based on a Carvin Vai Legacy closed back)
- 2x12 Matchbox (Based on a Matchless DC30)
- 2x12 TX Star (Based on a Mesa Lonestar)
- 4x10 Bassguy (Based on a Fender Bassman)
- 4x12 Fractal (Based on Mark Days custom 4x12 loaded with Greenbacks and V30s.)
GB indicates the Greenback captures, V30 indicates the V30 speakers.
MICROPHONES (not every mic was used on every cab)
We used multiple individual microphones on each speaker cab, starting in a classic position near the edge of the dust cap and then finding various sweet spots. Variations in this pack are indicated simply with letters A, B, C, etc., except for BACK (the other side of the cab) and REV (the other side of the mic).
- Shure SM57
- Royer R121 (121 Rev indicates the back of this mic)
- Two different Beyerdynamic M160s
- Audio-Technica AT4047
- Sennheiser e906
Manufacturer and product names mentioned above are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Fractal Audio Systems. The names are used only to indicate sonic and performance characteristics.