This is a DIGITAL DOWNLOAD product.
Once your order is processed (within 1 business day) you will receive a download link via email.
NOTE! Cab Packs require an Axe-Fx III, FM9, FM3, Axe-Fx II, AX8, or the Cab-Lab 3 plugin. This pack is not compatible with Axe-Fx Ultra or Standard. There are NO RETURNS/REFUNDS on Cab Packs.
Add new sounds to your Axe-Fx II or AX8 with UltraRes User Cabs.
Cab Pack 17: AustinBuddys Boutique Cabs contains over 275 unique IRs of six highly coveted boutique guitar speaker-cabinet combinations. The pack includes 172 Core individual mic captures, plus an Extras folder with over 100 additional IRs, plus 39 ready-made mixes.
This Cab Pack is compatible with every Axe-Fx II or AX8 and can be uploaded using Fractal-Bot or Axe-Edit. This pack also includes the .IR files for use in CabLab 3 where you can create your own original mixes or simulate the sound of a mic'd speaker cab with or without an Axe-Fx.
Reminder: It is illegal to share mixes containing these or any commercial IRs.
UltraRes enhances the spectral resolution of an IR without extreme CPU burden or intolerable latency. It requires an Axe-Fx II or newer running firmware 13 or newer or AX8. Our Mic+DI technique factors out the effect of the power amp used during capture for an IR which more accurately represents the sonic characteristics of the speaker itself.
Here's what's included in Cab Pack 17:
- 1x12 Shiver - Based on a Bogner Shiva closed-back dual port cab, loaded with a Celestion Classic Lead 80.
- Bludo 1x12 - Based on a Bludotone closed-back ported cab (similar to a Dumble cab used by the great Larry Carlton), loaded with a WGS Blackhawk AlNiCo speaker.
- Bludo 2x12 H65 - Based on a Bludotone open Oval Back cab, loaded with Celestion G12-65H heritage speakers (similar to a Dumble cab used by the great Robben Ford).
- Bludotone 2x12 ASW - Based on a Bludotone open Oval Back cab, loaded with a pair of special Bludotone-designed KTS-style Austin Speaker Works speakers.
- 2x12 Two Stone - Based on a Two Rock 2x12 open Oval Back cab with Eminence K&M 65-16 speakers.
- 4x12 Rumble - Based on Cliff Chases personal Dumble 4X12 closed back cab with EVL-12/EV-S speakers in an X-pattern.
- Shure SM57
- Sennheiser MD 421
- Sennheiser 906
- Royer 121
- Neumann U47FET
- Neumann U87
- Beyer-Dynamic M160
- AKG 4047
- RCA 770
Not every mic was used on each cab.
All captures were done through an API preamp except those indicated N which are through a Neve.
A Captures are taken very near the dust cap. B Captures are taken at the Cab Edge. (There are no C captures as these were simply Cap Edge Off Axis). D Captures are taken on the cone.
Cab Pack 17 was produced by Buddy Gill (AustinBuddy from the Fractal Forum) at CUE Recording Studios Red Room, engineered by CUE engineer Blaine Misner and assistant engineer Javon Grant. Rumble IRs were produced by Fractal Audio Systems at Universal Noise Storage and engineered by Tom Eaton.
Manufacturer and product names mentioned above are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners,which are in no way associated or affiliated with Fractal Audio Systems. The names are used only to indicate sonic and performance characteristics.